Health & Safety at The Special Event + Catersource
Catersource will be organized in accordance with Informa’s AllSecure health and safety standard. As the world’s leading events’ organizer, Informa has developed a detailed set of enhanced measures to provide the highest levels of hygiene and safety at its events, providing everyone with reassurance and confidence they are participating in a safe and controlled environment.
Placing your safety at the heart of our events
When you join our event, you can expect to see that health and safety is a priority, and that a range of measures are in place to ensure everyone involved is able to enjoy a safe, hygienic, productive and high-quality organized event experience.
All Informa events will be run according to official government and local authority guidance in the first instance, as well as any venue or location-specific regulations. In addition, all Informa events will follow the ten Informa AllSecure priority commitments. Wherever applicable and possible, our events will also apply the fuller range of standards and guidelines described in the Informa AllSecure guidebook.
These security guidelines are also outlined in this short video.
Cleaning and Hygiene
Here are measures we will take to facilitate the highest levels of cleanliness and hygiene:
Catersource + The Special Event will undertake enhanced, deep cleaning before, during and after our events, working with venue partners to ensure the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness. This includes continuous sanitization throughout the course of an event, with a focus on high-touch areas such as door handles, restrooms and food and beverage areas.
Catersource + The Special Event will provide additional hand washing facilities and hand sanitising stations throughout the event space, encouraging all participants to regularly wash and disinfect their hands.
Increased Air Circulation
The Miami Beach Convention Center is proud to have received GBAC STAR Facility Accreditation in recognition of enhanced venue health and safety measures.
We will manage physical distancing through the following processes:
Through increased use of technology, Catersource + The Special Event aims to minimize lines and entry transactions. Visitors are encouraged to register online before the show enabling barcode scanning for contactless entry. Registration counters will have a partition between visitors and registration staff.
Crowd Density Standards (CDS)
Catersource + The Special Event will maintain a density of participants. This will be managed through one or more control measures such as pre-show communications to participants, a one-way traffic system around show floors, and on-site signage and floor markings.
Catersource + The Special Event is following a 3-foot radial distance / 6 feet of physical distance per person. One- way entrances and exits into and in the building including exhibit halls. Lounges, table rounds, seating areas will be arranged to ensure social distancing. Elevators and Restrooms will have capacity controls.
Detect and Protect
Measures are in place for both protection and early detection:
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
All attendees and staff will be required to wear a face mask upon entry to Catersource + The Special Event. Masks will be available on-site if a guest does not have their own.
Catersource + The Special Event will screen all guests for elevated (over 100.4F) temperatures via thermal temperature scanning prior to exhibit hall and conference entry.
Catersource + The Special Event will have access to a qualified first aid responder for any immediate medical needs or medically-related questions.
Stay Safe at Catersource + The Special Event
Our vendors are taking all precautions and providing added tips on designing a Safe, Successful Event in a Post-CoVid World. Check out Freeman’s Exhibitor Event Checklist here for some helpful onsite Health and Safety approaches.
The MBCC has also taken sensible precautions onsite such as:
- Deployed additional and portable and wall-mounted hand sanitizer stations in high trafficked areas throughout the venue.
- Installation additional hygiene advisory signage throughout the venue.
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting commonly touched areas (using EPA registered disinfectants as recommended by the CD) on surface areas such as fixtures, countertops and door handles.
- Employing touch-free surfaces in our restrooms including automatically flushing toilets, hands-free faucets, paper towel dispensers and hand dryers.
- Employing face coverings and social distancing measures onsite, in support of public health recommendations.
- MBCC staff training by the Florida Health Department of Health on the proper techniques to prevent transmission of sickness.
- MBCC food and beverage service providers Centerplate is also coordinating globally to manage the impact of COVID-19 to protect employees, clients and consumers. Centerplate’s existing rules for food safety, personal hygiene and infection control are rigorously followed in order to minimize the risk of this, or any other virus spreading.
The MBCC continues to monitor information from public health officials, industry affiliates and associations to develop best practices during this pandemic, following the recommendations and guidance of federal, state, county and municipal public health officials.
Acknowledging that the current public health landscape is a fluid situation, visit regularly updated public health resources for general information on stopping the spread of COVID-19.
What Exhibitors Need to Know:
Details are included in your exhibitor portal and will highlight important safety updates including:
1. Pick Up Your Badge Prior to Entering the Loading Dock Area.
2. Pack a Face Mask.
3. Review Catersource + The Special Events Health & Safety Plan.
4. Plan for Extra Time to Enter the Show
5. Exhibit Floor Flow Has Been Modified to Allow for Social Distancing.
6. Updating booth sampling information.
What Attendees Need to Know:
All attendees and exhibitors will be asked to acknowledge and agree to our new Health & Safety Terms and Conditions during the registration process. Please review these requirements before coming onsite to the event.
While specific detailed measures being taken for our event are still being planned, click here to view recent webinar by Gary Schuman, Head of Safety, Security & Resilience, and learn more about Informa’s All Secure standards and how this has been rolled out at recent Informa events.
Health, safety and security guidelines as of April15, 2021. Catersource and The Special Event will continually update with relevant health and safety standards to ensure you receive the most update to date measures and information for a safe, secure and organized event.